Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Peanut Butter



Made mainly from ground roasted peanuts and oil, peanut butter makes my mornings creamier. Love to have this food paste as the sandwich spread which I can enjoy during the taxi ride from my home to the office every morning. Oh yes, I don't waste my time sitting quietly and let my mind wonder around. Why not take the benefit of cool air conditioning and let myself have a nice breakfast? Seems like one morning might not be complete without peanut butter.

Will peanut butter taste just as good in a cheese pie then? Let's try...



PEANUT BUTTER CHEESE PIE
Serves 10 persons

1. Crust
Prepare: 9 inch pie mould

Ingredients:
- Digestive biscuits – ground > 200 grams
- Salted butter – melt > 100 grams

Method:
- Mix ground biscuits and melted butter and press into pie mould.
- Refrigerate for half an hour.

2. Pie Filling

Ingredients:
- Cream cheese – room temperature > 200 grams
- Icing sugar – sift > 85 grams
- Fine peanut butter > 100 grams
- Vanilla essence > 1 teaspoon
- Whipping cream > 250 ml

Method:
- Combine cream cheese and icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla essence.
- Beat whipping cream until firm peaks form.
- Gently and gradually fold whipping cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour pie filling into crust.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.



3. Decoration

Ingredients:
- Whipping cream > 60 ml
- Salted butter > 3 teaspoons
- White chocolate – grate > 50 grams
- Roasted peanuts – crush moderately > 20 grams

Method:
- Put whipping cream and butter on a saucepan and cook over medium heat until butter completely melts.
- Remove from heat and fold in grated white chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Leave to cool for a while.
- Coat top of the pie with melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Scatter crushed peanuts on top of chocolate in circular formation.
- Decorate with chocolate pieces and tuilles.
- Serve.



5 comments:

  1. My Godness!! look what you've done, pie so perfect, decoration is great. You are really..really talented person,Kris.. Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Fitri! Many new pies to go! :-)

    Regards,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good, you have time to do it. I have to kick myself out of DB since I missed the challenge twice. Oh, well. :(
    p.s. I forgot how to call those thin crispy flowers in Thai.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Thip... this is just my first challenge... excitement is expected right? :-)Not going to miss the challenge twice is a challenge by itself, don't you think so?

    Don't really know the name of the thin crispy flower, maybe I will ask around..

    Regards
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Brilliant beautiful cake!!

    ReplyDelete