Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Friday, June 12, 2009

Triste



So this is how my relationship with C truly like... I am spending most of the time on my own, that I start thinking it doesn't really make any difference between having C as a plus into my single life and my single life itself.

Sometimes it is not easy to be understanding when for some reasons C had to go back to his home town to visit his family. He did it quite regularly and when he decided to go without any discussion with me - never for once considered of asking me to tag along, I felt being left out and yet I was asked all over again to be understanding. He must be kidding me right?

Bad situation will remain bad or maybe become worse. He seemed to be double crossing our weekend together so often now. Could actually count the number of weekends we spend together within last 3 months.

Am I being petty? Or is it time to put a stop to this?... I wonder.

Yes, I might need something sweet (and sour) in this situation like maybe Sweet and Sour Chicken... No harm trying.



SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN
Serves 6 persons

1. Fried Chicken

Ingredients:
- Chicken breast fillet – cut into big chunks > 330 grams
- Garlic – chop > 3 cloves
- Soya sauce > 1 tablespoon
- Tapioca starch > 60 grams
- Vegetable oil > enough to fill frying pan to 1cm depth

Method:
- Marinate chicken chunks with soya sauce and chopped garlic for half an hour.
- Add tapioca starch and combine well.
- Pour vegetable oil into a preheated pan and leave until oil is really hot.
- Fry chicken chunks just for a short while.
- Drain from oil.



2. Sweet and Sour Sauce

Ingredients:
- Corn starch > 2 tablespoons
- Water > 4 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil > 2 tablespoons
- Garlic – chop > 2 cloves
- Big Onion – quarter and slice > 1
- Lychee syrup from lychee can > 1 cup
- Tomato sauce > 4 tablespoons
- Vinegar > 3 teaspoons
- Sugar > 2 tablespoons
- Salt > ½ teaspoon
- Medium red chilies – slice lengthwise, remove seeds > 2
- Pineapple - slice into moderate chunks > 50 grams
- Lychee from lychee can – drain > 50 grams
- Spring onion – chop > 1 stalk



Method:
- Mix corn starch and water. Leave aside.
- Sauté garlic and onion with vegetable oil in a saucepan until fragrant.
- Fold in lychee syrup, tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt, chilies, and pineapple. Cook until boiled.
- Add corn starch mixture and lychees. Stir constantly until thick.
- Pour on top of fried chicken.
- Serve hot.

4 comments:

  1. Food does do a good job describing situations. Best of luck deciding what works for you in this relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right.. food also does a good job overcoming sadness. In my case, ice cream does the magic!! :-)

    Regards
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite Chinese dishes, and yours looks better than any restaurants. Great job and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lisa! I am sure mine can't beat some restaurants' taste :-) Just having so much fun cooking chinese food!

    Regards
    Kris

    ReplyDelete