Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Monday, July 20, 2009

What Heart Desires



Apparently holiday did make things clearer for me. After attending my nephew's wedding and spending a lot of time with my family members and friends, and contemplating about life while I was on my own, I finally figured out my relationship with C has come to the end.

My mind was trying to rationalize things and gave the relationsip more benefit of the doubt to go on, but my heart sailed to a very clear water settling for a breakup. "Be wise!" I told myself, "Follow what my heart desires cause in it lies the truth about love!".

A good friend disclosed her current involvement with someone whom she called "a soulmate" as "If 2 people are meant to be for each other, things will just flow smoothly!" I looked back into my relationship with C, I saw isolation... pain... difficulties.... where was the smoothness, if any?

Four and a half months down the road I saw light..... I without him!



GREEN BEAN SPAGHETTI
Serves 3 persons

Ingredients:
- Spaghetti > 200 grams
- Water > 1.5 litres
- Salt > 1.5 teaspoon
- Olive oil > 4.5 tablespoons
- Garlic - chop > 6 cloves
- Big onion - chop > 1/2
- Green beans - cut into 5mm thick rounds > 100 grams
- Enokitake mushrooms - shred > 100 grams
- Green olive - halve > 8
- Parsley - chop > 15 grams
- Cheddar cheese - grate > 100 grams



Method:
- Cook spaghetti in boiling water. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook until spaghetti is slightly soft but still crunchy. Remove from fire and drain.
- Mix 1.5 teaspoons of olive oil into spaghetti to prevent it from sticking together.
- Set aside.
- Saute garlic and onion with 3 tablespoons of olive oil until it is fragrant.
- Add green bean rounds and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir.
- Next, fold in enokitake mushrooms and green olive.
- When green bean is almost cooked, add spaghetti and parsley. Continue cooking for a short while.
- Toss in grated cheese and remove from fire.
- Serve hot.

2 comments:

  1. Life is filled with happiness, sadness, tears, smiles, laughter and other emotions but when life gets you down, just be strong about it and keep your head up high and have faith in all things in life. Always remember: God is at your side, always. And my pray for you, wish you find a true love someday somewhere, just be patient Kris.

    And hope your's spaghetti will healing your pain too. That's look delicious. *Its funny to imagine, we are in the same neighborhood will probably will talk alot..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fit! Your words mean a lot during this low.

    Yes, in the same neighborhood, who knows a food blogger better than another food blogger right? :-)

    Again, thanks

    Regards
    Kris

    ReplyDelete